Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sleep like baby

Timmy is now 7 weeks old and he's starting to have a sleep schedule. He usually sleeps for no more than two hours during the day and wakes up at most three times in the wee hours of the morning. This is a great change from the every hour feedings when he was just a few weeks old.

When he was just a few weeks old he preferred to sleep in his stroller but now that he's getting older (and bigger!) I've started to put him in his crib for his naps. So far so good. He doesn't squirm when I put him down. I've been doing some reading on putting babies to sleep and read that babies should be given a schedule and should develop good sleeping habits. Here are a few things that my hubby and I are doing:
  • Bed time is at 8pm
  • Warm sponge bath
  • Massage his itty bitty legs and arms
  • Recite Psalm 23
  • Pray before going to bed
It's been 4 days since we started it and it is HARD! I was successful the first day but the succeeding days were a challenge. I told myself that it doesn't matter how long it takes just as long as he understands what we're doing. A mom shared that she had to do it like 10 million times before she succeeded and I'm praying for patience. Consistency is the key. Add to that patience, selflessness and prayers. Then again isn't that what motherhood is about.

No comments: