Friday, April 11, 2008

Six Degrees

During holy week, hubby and I were watching a special at the National Geographic channel on how six degrees could change the world. It's all about global warming and our environment. The things discussed there really surprised me and what struck me there that with all the hoolabaloo on global warming the temperature has increased to almost (not even) one degree.

Imagine that! With the rising temperature every year wala pa palang one degree change yon so you can just imagine how six degrees would really change the world. In a nutshell if the temperature increased six degrees more the earth would be dried up and we're all goners.

After watching that I understood why there's so much concern about global warming. I was oblivious to what was happening until I became a mom. It's also good to know that people are raising awareness regarding this matter like the Earth Hour in which a significant number of people and retail establishments joined. So now how can we help save our planet n our own little way? Well, that's another blog entry to look forward too.

No comments: