Monday, October 20, 2008

Unfaltering Faith

It's been a few months now since hubby and I started praying for something really big to happen in our lives. When the news came we talked about it, if we wanted it, consulted a few people and agreed that, yes we both wanted it and prayed that God would bless us with it.

From that time on, we claimed God's promise to bless us with it if He wanted it for us. We got excited and started talking about what we would do when God blesses us with it. I thought that I had faith in God's promise. 

Yesterday, I told my hubby that if we didn't push through with it that we'd do this and that. I realized that my faith had faltered. For a moment there I doubted God and I feel bad that I did. I was reminded that I should be dependent on Him moment by moment and that I should fill my mind with thoughts that are pleasing to Him. 

Bottom line: Depend on the Lord for everything and anything. Always be at the center of His will. 

No comments: