Monday, March 10, 2008

Major production number

I never imagined how difficult it can be to go out with a child. I thought it was easy and simple until I went through it myself. Somebody told me that it was major production number and it really is.

The first time I went out with Timmy was for a simple dinner with daddy. The driver picked us up at the house and he drove us to where we would meet daddy. It took us about an hour to reach our destination and in that one hour I changed his nappy twice. He pooped horrendously, peed on the car seat, puked on his clothes and so had to change his onesie. All this in an hour and throw in some loud crying for background music. By the time we reached the parking lot I wanted to go home. I was tired and overwhelmed with taking care of this cute little baby.

I didn't want to stay in the car while waiting for daddy so I brought Timmy with me in a sling to go around and tried to enjoy. It was ok at first when I saw Timmy wide eyed looking at this new place but when he started crying I panicked, wanted to cry myself and decided to go back to the car. And so we stayed in the car and when it became hot he started crying. To help him a bit I turned on the aircon and fed him. We left the car after feeding for fear of carbon monoxide poisoning. In between these events I told my hubby that this was a bad idea and maybe we should just go home. After much talking I changed my mind and agreed to go on with the original plan to have dinner.

After much prayer I calmed down and went to the resto and continued to wait for my hubby. Timmy fell asleep so it was pretty easy already. I thank God I listened to my husband because we had a good time eating good food and even had energy to go around with Timmy.

It was an overwhelming and tiring experience but was all worth it to spend a nice night out with my hubby and me son.




No comments: