Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sweet Smell

The family had a very long (and tiring) day. First we went to worship at 10am meaning we had to wake up by 8am so that we could give timmy a bath and prepare ourselves to go out. After worship we headed to my brother's lunch to celebrate my sister in law's birthday. The food was yummy! Loved the pasta with shrimps and mushrooms. I'm not a fan of white sauce (in pasta) but I loved this one. Yummy!

Hubby went to watch a ball game which left me with Timmy. Timmy was behaved. Cried when hungry or when he needed to have his nappy changed. Good boy! My folks drove us home and that's when I felt really tired. Timmy was tired too because whenever we're out he doesn't get his normal snooze time. Realized this when I put him to sleep at 6pm and he only woke up to eat at 730pm. Hubby and I made the mistake of waking him up so that we could go have dinner with the other side of the family. Big mistake because he was a bit cranky and I felt guilty for robbing him of the precious sleep time.

And now Timmy is sleeping and hubby and I are screen sucking. Oh and did I mention I've a headache because of the heat and not eating on time.

What have I learned today?
  • You can never eat on time if you a have baby to take care of (given that you don't have a yaya like me). I stopped eating on time since I gave birth and have had a few headaches because of this....more to come
  • Never wake up a sleeping baby. I always thought it was crap whenever other parents would say that they never wake up their child. I'd ask myself why? Well, now I know. Aside from the crankiness that comes with waking a sleeping baby I also felt pity for the baby. I never want anyone to wake me up from a nice deep sleep so why would you want to do it to your child?
  • Family time is important. No matter how many times you argue or disagree with family members your family relationships are still important. They're there for you when you need them most and it's unconditional love at it's finest. It takes precedence over friends and other obligations. As others would say it family is family.
At the end of the day through all the chaos, headaches and stress what makes it all worth? Going home to great husband, a cozy home, countless blessings, family that loves you, having a little angel in heaven and hugging and smelling the sweet smell of my little timmy. Thank you Lord!



No comments: